Frequently Asked Questions
Are retail customers able to purchase plants?
- Puget Sound Plants is a wholesale nursery that serves landscapers, contractors, municipalities, and other related businesses. We are closed to the public and would recommend that any retail customers work with one of the many contractors we partner with to purchase plants.
How do I access availability with pricing?
- Wholesale customers can register on our website to view prices. Select the “login” tab and follow the prompts to create a username and password.
How do I reset my password?
- Send an email to email@example.com or call us at 360-943-0480 and we will send you a link to update your password or obtain your username.
What information do I need to provide to get a plant bid?
- Initial information would include: business or company name, project name, need-by-date, resellers permit (if not currently on file), and jobsite address to ensure an accurate delivery fee.
- Using the Latin/scientific name of plants when inquiring about pricing or availability is encouraged.
- Your plant proposals are for your review. Please make sure to read over any comments and affirm that the quantities and line items are correct.
What does “budget number” mean in my plant proposal?
- A “budget number” indicates that the item was not located at bid time or is not available. The price that is listed in correlation with a budget number is anticipated to cover the cost of a suitable substitute.
How much notice should I give to ensure a specific delivery date?
- To best guarantee your preferred delivery date we ask for at least two weeks’ notice.
Do I need to make a deposit on my order?
- We do not require deposits on future orders and discourage pre-payments.
What is the warranty period?
- We strive to maintain high quality plant material but cannot give any warranty, expressed or implied as to the livability or productivity once the plants leave our nursery.
What happens if I am unsatisfied with the plants that were delivered to me?
- Any plants deemed unsatisfactory at the time of delivery can be sent back on the truck at no charge and they will be removed from your final invoice. However, we do not accept returns of plant material that has been previously delivered and accepted on site.
How are delivery fees calculated?
- The delivery fees out of both sales locations are destination-based. Certain areas require a monetary minimum to qualify for delivery. Please inquire with your sales representative for details. If an order requires multiple deliveries there will be a charge for each trip made to the site.
Is there an additional charge to have my order pre-pulled?
- We do not charge a fee to have plants pre-pulled for pick up at the nursery. Puget Sound Plants strongly encourages our customers to call or email in any orders to the office so they can be pulled prior to your arrival. We reserve the right to release back into stock any order not picked up within 10 business days.
How is your plant material measured?
- Our trees and plants are measured using the American Standard for Nursery Stock. We do not follow DNR measuring standards. Please see the attached link for further details: ANSI Standards
Do I have to buy full flats of 4” material?
- Our flats come in quantities of 18 or 25. We prefer full flat orders but they are not required.
What kind of delivery trucks do you use?
- Our fleet consists of box trucks and semi tractors & trailers of varying lengths.
Do truck drivers assist in unloading material?
- Our drivers are not responsible for unloading any plant material but may assist if desired. Truck drivers are tasked with delivering all plant material safely to the jobsite. We require comprehensive information from our customers about each location prior to delivery so we do not send drivers into potentially inaccessible or hazardous situations.
What payments do you accept?
- We accept: Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
Do you ship outside of the state of Washington?
- We can ship anywhere in the state but are not licensed to cross state lines.
Do you sell landscape supplies?
- We sell boxes of ½ inch chain lock and six foot tree stakes. Each box contains 250 feet of chain lock.
Do you take back used containers?
- Yes, we are happy to take back any of the containers that you have no use for as long as they are sorted by size and in good condition. Broken, disorganized or otherwise unsalvageable containers would be rejected.
Do you offer a printed catalog?
- There is no catalog available. To view our most current availability by location, please visit our website.